View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #1
blue_v70
AF Newbie

Need advise on 1997-1998 v70

Hi Greetings from Melbourne, australia...

I am planning to buy 97-98 v70. I actually just bought a 2006 model v70 and I must say I love this car very very much and yes planning to buy another one (am i not a freak??) but this is for me to go to work, so i dont need fancy and shiny new car so I can keep the new v70 in my garage for my wife taking kids to school and I use the old v70 to go to work and yes i need the wagon for the stuff i carry. (i am a machinary technician) Are there any problems with the early model v70? This is the first time for me to use volvo cars.

I also have my eye on a 1998 volvo xc70 but I heard it suffers lots of problems in the US. Heres the review in US and gave me a shock to read.
Dont know if we in australia have the same problems with australian delivery stock. So if anyone can say anything about this, it will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_61754.html

Also I read some articles from internet saying some v70 owners experienced near death experience. Their new volvo v70 engulfed in flames!!! This appears to happen with 2000-2002 model. Is this true??or hoax??

If anyone could have their say about their experience and problems with their v70/xc70 it would be greatly appreciated.
blue_v70 is offline   Reply With Quote