View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 PM   #57
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Re: Re: Car Comparisons' Car Of The Year 2005 - Nominations (read instructions first!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69charger426
I LOVE MOPAR

That's quite noticeable...however...until they get off their asses I'll only be fairly impressed, they know the capabilites of the Viper and until they realize the potential in it and make it faster/more powerful/LIGHTER I'll take the Z06. The Viper was, and still is a HUGE and bold statement car, it represents what all muscle car fanatics love, big cubic inches in a hell of a car, but Chevy has caught up with their Corvette, with that 7.0 litre small block, granted I don't consider it an exotic, and it's not a supercar, although it can beat most of them in performance, it still needs something more to set it apart from the base Corvette, to the plain jane person they won't see the difference when it flys by, yet most of us here could spot the difference 100 yards away. The only thing the Viper has on the Vette now is it's exclusiveness(sp) and rareness. Do those mean the same? It does look world's better than the Corvette I think but c'mon. It's as if the Viper is the fullback and the Vette the running back of America, more nimble, while the fullback has more muscle and that in your face ass-kicking attitude. This probably isn't the forum to say this but I had to get a rant off. I'm a Chevy man for life but I feel let down by Dodge for what the Viper came to be, and now it's this, I know Dodge can do better, it just seems as if they don't care for the Viper anymore. I just wish they could list a 3.55 axle option, I mean 5th gear is designed to top out at 220, and you still have sixth gear to go, c'mon, there's where the Corvette can beat it in acceleration tests.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.