View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 01:46 AM   #142
carschooled
AF Newbie

Re: Fastest Production Car

Way back in this thread there was chat of the callaway sledge... i noted a comment that the fastest production car ever had to be one available to anyone.

I have two responses to that
1. Is it not enough that the company offered it, even if it was a flop and only sold a couple.
2. Consider the ENZO - can anyone buy that car, i think not, all were sold before prouction, to people they ferrari believed were worthy, and or "good customers"

But anyway, the callaway still stands as the fastest production car.

This is a little off the point, but there is a car which is street legal, did some rallying though. It's a ford probe 3200gt (or something to that extent, i know it sounds like a mazza). it did a similar run 0-100kph in 2.8secs.

And also the Veyron will never reach full production with its current claimed potential. Bugatti's budget won't be extend to pay for the refinement thats required to prevent its high speed twitchiness. And the saturation of the supercar market will prevent serious sales.

The Chrysler ME four-twelve has to be the most exciting concept car ot there, but will never make production also due to the saturation issues
carschooled is offline   Reply With Quote