View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 AM   #16
FastGM3
AF Newbie

Re: Replacing intake gasket...

I finished replacing the lower intake manifold gasket. I took my time, all seemed to go very well until I tried to start it. Fuel sprayed out of the the fuel rail, so I stopped trying right to start right away . I think it's spraying from the return line (if this is the line with the large nut the screws directly into the fuel rail fastening the line that fits inside the rail.) The nut is tight and was not cross threaded.

I never seen an o-ring for this line, is there suppose to be? What would cause this? I consider myself mechaincally inclined but when it comes to fuel injection I'm hopeless. Alot of other first timers seemed to get this job done right.

I know the other fuel line that fits into the rail (nearest to the front of the vehicle) has an o-ring and a fuel screen and get pushed into place then secured by a bracket with a nut. All injectors seated good. I don't get it. I had to stop for the night but now cant sleep do to worrying about how I'm going to solve this. Any help or thougths would be gratefully appreciated.
FastGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote