View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 12:18 AM   #18
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: Re: aftermarket bulbs:color temperature and usable light output

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
Yeah, it's the S/P GT-X that I have and not the regular or GT version S/P PIAAs. The GT-X's are rated at 5000K lowbeam, and a 4500K highbeam, so a bit higher than the original Super Plasmas. The Silver Stars i was unaware as still being a higher wattage than stock. On the bulb base (the metal ring at the bottom) they say 55/60w and so I figured they were stock. They are also advertised as being stock, but since Sylvania is an OEM manufacture, they probably let them run at a slightly higher than stock wattage rate but know exactly how much more OEM parts can handle before having any noticeable problems. I never had a single problem with my Silver Stars though. Just wanted to try out and see what the PIAAs were like, and I really like them a lot! Very pleased.
I got those numbers (wattage) for the silverstars directly off their website. They listed the max wattage of each appication, for both low and high beams. That was the max wattage of the high beam they listed for your lights. It's not like it's a big deal, like it is with cheap bulbs. I wouldn't trip pver that with them, or PIAA. Both they and PIAA know what they are doing. Yea, I like the Super Plasmas a lot too. I am very pleased with them. I've had them for awhile now, and I love them.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote