View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #52
zundapman
AF Newbie

Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

One more thing... In our attempts to resolve this issue, all three of the sensors which contribute to P0017 have been replaced and an after-market backyard mechanic installation of an old Alpine radio/cd player was professionally undone and the radio replaced. Before the readio was fixed, the old radio could be turned off and on when the truck was sitting without a key in it. With the new Harmon Kardon system which lets me play MP3's off a memory card, plug in my MP3 player and/or iPhone/iPod/iPad with an internet connection to use Pandora, etc. was installed, things went back to the "way it should be" IMHO in that if I leave the radio on and shuth the truck off, the radio shuts off. Other systems like the wipers and the interior lights seem to function completely independently of the key. If I want the cabin and bed lights to come on, I have to turn them on manually and if I turn the key off the lights only go off if I turn them off. I see no evidence of "open door" sensors linked to the interior lights.

I'm not sure this is the "way it should be" for the work truck but the documentation I have isn't that difinitive on the subject.
zundapman is offline   Reply With Quote