View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #44
olopezm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to olopezm Send a message via Skype™ to olopezm
Re: PRND321 Lights, Oil Level Light, Temp Gauge

Easy my friend don't panic! LOL

I don't think it's a good idea to start a new thread since the problem hasn't been solved entirely, other users won't find the answer to the problem here and the forum will get cluttered anyway; if you start a new one it will be the same symptom as here and besides whoever answers on the new thread will answer here too. Don't worry it will be fixed, trust me.

Now back to the problem. you mentioned you've replaced the sensor with a new one, the reading on the PCM side (yellow wire) is OK but the reading on the cluster side (green wire) shows an open circuit:

1.- You might have a problem with the connector itself on the sensor side. Make sure the female pin is tight and free of corrosion/debris, I would use some spark plug grease in order to make sure it makes contact. Another test would be to backprobe the sensor: insert a wire/paper clip at the back of the connector and take the readings there instead of reading at the junction block.

2.- If that fails... you've already checked the green wire for any cracks or chews, right?. If the wire has been stretched it could have been internally damaged but the cover might still look intact. Check continuity/resistance along the green wire from the sensor to the junction box. If it checks OK check continuity from the box to the instrument cluster connector. NOTE: the resistance value should be near 0.

It's more than clear this is not a ground problem since the yellow wire has the correct readings.

Best regards,

Oscar.
olopezm is offline   Reply With Quote