View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 12:25 AM   #19
integra818
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
GSteg is correct, you can have a high compression engine and a turbo, I've seen it before, I'm not just talkin out of my ass

OK.. forget LS/vtec forget crvtec forget everything, go with type R. Once you go type R, you never go back. I saw 3, yes 3... ls/vtecs blow up on a roadcourse within 15 minutes. Someone mentioned something about having friends with ls/vtec and they had no complaints, well... they hav'nt pushed thier engines enough to see the limit of thier reliabilty, LS/vtec might be nice and safe for drag racing but overall, NOTHING can beat the type R. My racing team had a type r engine in a CRX, God bless type R! It's the best engine in the world. It had the PERFECT rpm , PERFECT tourqe, PERFECT power band... bottom line.... Honda is'nt stupid, they know what they were doin with the type R. If you fiqured out the LS/vtec by yourself, don't you think it has crossed Hondas mind already? The type R's enigne components all work in conjunction with each other whcih makes it such a perfect enigne, and if you're wondering why Mugen/Spoon-Sports are so expensive, it's because they're very carefully tuned the way Honda intended them to.

BTW, evn though I'm not into turbos, they're ARE reliable if you change your oil every 2,000 miles as oposed to 3,000 miles, something I heard form a DSM guy.

GSR is good, type R is>>>PERFECT
integra818 is offline   Reply With Quote