View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #153
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
The Nissan Cube uses a detuned form of the E-AWD system that the GTR...atleast that is what i have gathered from what officials have said. So, I am sure that the motors are either very efficient or the Cube uses very small motors. Reguardless, the Cubes system will be no where near the capabilities of the GTR's system so who knows how Nissan will work it. I am sure it would have a bigger alternator than most cars...we will have to see.
The thing about the Cube, Micra, etc that use e4wd is that they are the first vehicles to have it. The system has been around since 2002. I'm sure that by 2007 or 2008 that Nissan will have an even better version of the system available. It could be lighter, more powerful, and even faster reacting. The e4wd system already weighs less than half as much as ATTESA-ETS, reacts faster, and cuts down on drivetrain losses.

A GT-R fitted with e4wd would probably be more like an FR layout car most of the time. When wheelspin is detected, e4wd would start to power the front wheels to pick up the slack and get you out of trouble.

Quote:
i think it will have alot more weight saving options than you may think.
I'm sure one of those weight saving measures will be a smaller overall size, compared to the R34. With a smaller car, you use less materials, period.

7Tune.com is also saying that the revised FM platform may be designed primarily for the GT-R, then changed around for the V36 Skylines and Z34. If this is the case, it could be very good news, as there will be fewer compromises.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote