View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #18
chiccokaiser1
AF Newbie

Re: Water bubbling..

So I took off the valve from thermostat pipe, it's easy once you have it in your hands.. and you can put it back on engine empty as a test. I will drive it next days and see what happens. To help people who will attempt thermostat replacement in the future, this is what I did:
- make sure you have no hurry and some beers off the shelf to keep you calm
- you father in law helping..
- take off belt
- take off negative battery pole for safety
- loose all three alternator bolts without removing it
- jack car and take off front left wheel
- reach bottom thermostat 10mm bolt from left coil side, easy
- reach top thermostat 10mm bolt from left coil side. Alternator has to move forward and leave some room to do this. You also need a custom key rod really long to reach this bolt I suggest 1/4" size
- once thermostat is loosen if you pull and bend hose from the battery housing with some patience, you can have it in your hands and in front of your eyes, remove clamp and replace it. When installing the new one make sure to put it in the right direction as the old one.
- have a beer
- good luck for next steps of this tricky job!

I really hope this was my problem but I will know next days. I will buy a new thermostat and put it back on. Hope is not head gasket, head cracked or what... who knows?? Cross my fingers and go..
Every time I have to open hood, I ask myself why the hell I sold my old 5.2 grand cherokee, I really miss it. This car is a pain.
chiccokaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote