View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #16
Stubeck
AF Newbie

Re: Tamiya Toyota TS050

Front and rear end as well as the airbox are simply put in place, but the engine cover is fitting a lot better now. I've also placed the mirrors on the car, which are a bit of a mess because of the fragility of the mirror mounts (the one on the right side is just plastic sprue) and how they dried in place. I also had to reglue on the left side number plate as that decided to become dislodged whilst putting the mirror on too.

The decal on the chrome piece actually came out pretty well despite there being a ton of film on the decal too, as its just one decal. Placing the engine fin was pretty easy, although you can see the one area I messed up a bit and need to touch up on the black

This was where I spent most of the night, with getting the lights all fixed up, the decals on the front end and the flip ups. The flip ups are way too thick and the decals don't look great on them, so next time it will definitely be thinned and painted after being on the body. I'll be making sure to polish up the transfers before putting the headlights on later this week.

Next step will be finishing up the front lights, getting the light cover on and filling in the plastic around the front end with the gaps.
Stubeck is offline   Reply With Quote