View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
sofpan
AF Newbie

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
It's perfectly logical that quality would IMPROVE. The automotive industry is VERY competitive. It's competitive on price, on content, and on quality. A car today has FAR higher quality than of cars 20 or 30 years ago and is constantly improving. You see more of those older cars because there were more of those older cars...
My friend we have different opinions on this. So, can you tell me in what areas the auto makers cut the cost? Because you agree that they have to cut the cost. As I wrote before, quality is the easiest way to cut cost.

Quote:
Quality is measured in terms of reliability, fit and finish, and durability.
I can not agree more on that. What of these have Hyundai? In my opinion, none. Or to be fair, the only good point from my experience is the finish, because the "body" of my Accent has no rusts in tde decade I have it.

You said durability (for the description of Quality). Do you find that my Accent has durability with all of these problems that appears?

But I disagree because my friend's OPEL Kadett of '78 is much more stronger, with better durability and general with better quality than my '98 Accent. The cars of the '70s and '80s were more durable, had better quality than the cars of the '90s (like mine) and the new millennium (above 2000). Even if the total number of the cars (af all brands) in '70s and '80s were less than the '90s and 2000+ (because every year sold new cars that increasing the total), we can found nowadays more old cars (25 years old) like the OPEL Kadett than new cars (of 10 years old) like mine. That shows us ONE THING: Old cars were more durable, with better quality than modern cars. Modern cars have advantage in the area of technical specifications (speed, accelaration, etc) and in Safety. Yes in the years that passed, car industries improved Safety (airbags, ABS, crash tests etc) but they reduce quality.

If I am wrong, why nobody till now, hasn't explain the "equations". You have read them. Can you explain WHY HYUNDAI -after more than 20 years in the game- HAS LOW RESALE VALUE ?

Quote:
Hyundai's resale value is not high because it take a long time for public perception (you being a good example of this) to catch up to the market's actual position. Hyundai does rank relatively high in all quality surveys of its current lineup.
So the only explanation of Hyundais Low Resale Value is that the owners of Hyundais are morons? That they can understand that their cars are worthfull? In 20 years that HYUNDAI is in the game?
Sorry mate, but if HYUNDAI didn't succeed to persuade me that I own one of its cars (the Accent) and I have tested a decade, and if it hasn't persuade the whole market (cars owners) for the quality of its cars, then HYUNDAI has a serious problem.

So what do you suggest? That I should be happy for my choise (HYUNDAI) because my Accent in the first 5-6 years that I had it, it didn't appeared much problems? But I didn't bougt a vehicle for 5-6 years! If it Hyundai Accent has a quality to last only for 5-6 years, then it's not a car, it's a toy and a very expensive one!
Is it bad that I want my money (and yours) to have value?

And lets say for the goodfaith of the conversation that Hyundai finally improved the quality of its products. Because you and our friend lowsonome1999 agreed that in the older years Hyundai's quality was bad.
Can you tell me which is the "key"-year that Hyundai started to improve its bad quality?
So, all us the older Hyundai owners to know till what year Hyundai Motors fooled us, taking our money and selling us a toy that wants to call "car". I would appreciated if you tell me what is the key-year for Hyundais quality improvement.

And finally... see in this link the Warranty of Hyundai:
http://www.hellopeter.com/the_comment.asp?recid=138082