View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #44
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: 300ZX Drifting Downfalls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20DETpower
only stock turbo z31's have the posi unit, I have a non turbo as stated earlier.
I know that. That's why I said that, if you got a turbo car (87-89 only...84-86 didn't have LSDs...why, I dunno), you'd be killing 2 birds with 1 stone...you'd be solving your power issue and your LSD issue.

Quote:
Putting in a Rb20det is really not harder then putting in a VG30ET to me, I have many tools and lifts...... The V nature of the engine makes a turbo setup odd on it. I like turbo's on straight motors. i know im a fool
Fool, no...yer just special...lol...not really. The turbo system on the VG is one of the simplest out there. No I/C, no fancy twin setup, no blow off valves, no nothing. Just a turbo. Simplicity is grand at times...

Quote:
I didn't know the z31's had a clutch LSD, I thought they were all VLSD's.
Yup...the Z31 came equipped with an R200 (and new ones aren't cheap, either...) clutch type LSD from 87-89. I'd get one off a junk car if I were you...if you can find one...good luck with that. All the Z32s come with VSLDs...that's probably what you're thinking about.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote