View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 11:20 PM   #1
Stratocaster5292
AF Enthusiast

Car Market in 3-5 Years Predictions

What trends do you guys predict in the car market in 3-5 years?

Im just gonna give my predictions for some automakers because it would be a long post to list all the automakers and what cars they will be making.

I think that the Dodge SRT-4 and the Chevy Cobalt SS along with the future SVT (Cosworth maybe) will be in a horsepower war, seeing who can make the fastest economy car for around 20k.
I could also see Dodge getting back in to the muscle car market, building something to compete with the mustang. With their hemi engine that gets decent gas mileage due to displacement on demand and their newfound access to the mercedes parts bin they could come up with a new car in a few years, The Camaro and Trans Am might come back in some form as well.
Honda will continue to take away any sporting image they have left (the Si is selling poorly from what Ive heard) and transfer it all into the Acura name. Honda will be strictly utility and economy, Acura will be the sportier cars.
Volvo will be a tuner automaker because they have been making a serious effort to revamp a lot of their image and lineup, the new S40 will have a turbo awd option, and I think tuners will capitalize on them.
I hope Mitsubishi is still around too.
Stratocaster5292 is offline   Reply With Quote