View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 12:02 AM   #6
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Which of these subs would you get?

it's no prob

I did come off kinda harsh, when you're on a forum for however many years and all the threads from new members are "I just got the fast and furious lightning audio package at best buy, am I cool now?", you tend to lose your tact. Either way, Audiobahn does have a reputation for being a high quality company, and honestly I don't know how. Maybe it's because of all the flash, or because they have some expensive products....honestly I have no idea. The subs can't hold their rated power (except for the Alum line, or so I've heard), they sound bad, but you can find the lower models for pretty cheap on ebay and they're decent if you just want to get loud and don't care how it sounds. The amps are better, but still better amps can be had for the cost. All in all they're middle-of-the-road at best when it comes to SPL, and as far as SQ goes they're very low on the scale.

$1500-$2000 into just the sub setup can get you very very far. Are you planning on getting a front stage to compliment the subs? What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of car will this be going into, or more specifically, how much space do you have to work with? Any objections to buying online?

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote