View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #41
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: what happened to this board?

Hrm...well to begin, I had the Eclipse for a while but never really bothered with the local "rice" around town. Eventually started losing the appeal for "spirited" driving when I couldn't find much around here worth racing. About the only thing that ever got my willy wet was racing an 11 second IROC.

Afterwards, traded the Eclipse for a truck and 4-wheeler (kinda dumb move). Had fun on the quad for a while and then sold it after losing interest in that. Also, get chased by cops each day for riding on main roads. Never was caught. Now the truck is getting some small work done since I haven't moved it in two years until a week ago. New alternator/battery/starter with some new rims and tires. Spent roughly 2K getting it back on the road and still have more to do.

Oh yeah, a couple of my buddies down the road where hitting some golf balls. Interestingly enough, one admitted to slicing his ball and it went through my back window, smashing it completely, and into the front windshield cracking it. $550 to replace both front and back. So all in all I can expect to pay nearly 3K to get this thing ready for the road again.

All in all, going to sell the truck whenever I can. I'll post picks when I'm done with it. Maybe even a few to see where it's at now.

On the flipside, I've been working to buy a new car. Seeing that I've been resurrecting the truck I've set myself back a bit on the new car, but hopefully selling it will get me something nicer to play with.

Work is all I do now. Saving for a trip to Utah as well at the end of this month and the end of next month. Probably going to set myself back another 3K on flights, rentals, rooms and vacationing in Vegas/Cali. But, I plan on having a good time as always. That sums it up.

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote