View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #50
jtm0711
AF Newbie

Re: Turbo 240sx Owners: Turbo Setups/Plans/Goals

ok so i'm lookin at turboing my 240. its a '93 hatch ka24de. no lsd.

alright so i've looked into the sr swaps and it just seems like alot of work since i'm only trying to make 300whp... maybe 350whp tops. ok so if i turbo the ka i was thinking i should upgrade the fuel pump to a walbro 255lph and either 330cc/min or maybe 550cc what do you guys think would be better? also on the turbo i'm thinking a t3/t4 hyrbid but i've also heard alot of people are using the garret t28 from the s-15. so what do you guys think?

also what would be a good compressor size and turbine size for this setup?

advice would be helpful guys and i know i also gotta throw in a ecu... probably a greddy emange or something like that. and bov and wastegates and intercoolers and such...

i've looked at the greddy turbo kit but it seems like i'd be replacing alot of the parts like the injectors to make the power i'm goin for... would it be better to just go with that kit and upgrade or start from scratch. also i know how to weld so i can fabricate some of my own piping

like what size intercoolers and stuff would you recommend for that setup? like a 24x12x4 or one thats 24x12x6?

my other option would be the sr20 swap most likely a s-14 since i heard the s-14 disapates heat better than the s-13 due to the fins on the engine block and i'd be changing the turbo from the s-15 anyways so there's no reason for me to spend that kinda money on it.

my third option was a rb25det... i dont really need the rb26 even though i know it could produce more power easier and stuff but its kinda unneccesary for my goals.

i'm wanting a setup for autocrossing and drifting. i'm not so big into drag cus all it shows is who has more power and is quicker at shifting.
jtm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote