View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #20
rccrrc
AF Newbie

Re: Does anybody like the Caliber?

I previously owned and still own a '98 Dodge Neon RT. Have over 114k miles. I've changed the exhaust to less restrictive one, installed Koni adjustable sturts and replaced the standard PCM with Chryslers Performance PCM for the Neon. All the above inproved the peromance, handling and miles per gallon.

I bought a 2008 Caliber RT expecting about the same or better results then the Neon (the Caliber is the replacement for the Neon) and am disappointed. The Caliber RT's 5-spd manual is notchy to shift, can't adjust the clutch (so I have drive with my right leg in a uncomfortable bend) and it has a chatter since a got the Caliber (which the dealer stated is the way I'm driving). I've owned manual transmissions since my '69 Plymouth and never had these problems. Own accelarating from a stop it hesitates and is really bad if I have the AC on, even at a low fan speed. Some issues with drivers seating area. Seat is comfortable but other things aren't. Milage is not as I expected. Less then the Neon, even before I made the changes to the neon. So, it's okay, I needed the cargo area for work. It's paid for, I do love the SirriusXM (I renewed it at the lifetime rate). I drive cross-country at least twice a year and travel out of local radio range often. Over all, I wouldn't buy another one, and it will be difficult to decide what else I would buy because I am a MOPAR person to the bone and I'm not really pleased with the Chrysler model range to date.
rccrrc is offline   Reply With Quote