View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
billw129
AF Newbie

Re: Temperature and Fuel Gauge = Dead

I have posted this in an earlier post but check to see if your passenger floor is wet. I have had a problem with a leaking seal under the wiper cowl. It started out as the 2 gauge's you speak of not working and then ended up the car not starting all together. The fuse you are looking for is under the hood. I believe it is like number 15 or so. It is almost right in the middle of the Fuse/Relay box. I think it is a 10Amp fuse. I will let you know more tomorrow but check every fuse in that compartment if you can not find it. That should fix it temporarily. but you probibly have the wet wire situation that I have. My fuse would blow if I either started the car or turned on the A/C (turning on the defroster even if the dial is set to hot turns the A/C on as well). As long as the car was running with the A/C and defroster off then I could replace the fuse and have working gauges but as soon as I either started the car or turned them on BAM there goes my fuel and temp gauge. Let me know. Thank You
billw129 is offline   Reply With Quote