View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #12
Miguel M.
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedDodge
Happy New Year to you as well. I have some questions about said pickup truck.

Why does it cost so much?

Why is it a ten cylinder? The competive American pickups (Ford Lightnings, Chevy SS trucks) are eight cylinders. What was the target competitor in mind when this truck was designed?

If I buy one and something breaks will I have to order parts from Germany or somewhere overseas?

Will I be able to find one on a used car lot in 5 years for under 10 thousand dollars like the trucks that predecessed it? Think about it, it is marketing after all.

Thank you for your time.
Hello BleedDodge,

As you well know, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the truck version of the Dodge Viper SRT-10. With this in mind, you can understand how their price ranges will be higher than that of all other Dodge vehicles/trucks. More so, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is a truck that was designed with performance goals in mind. Where else are going to find a pickup truck with a 0-60 mph time in the mid 5-second range coupled with a towing rating maximum of 8,150 lbs.(Quad Cab)?

In regard to your second question, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is in a class all its own. Although there exist a number of trucks available with V10 engines, none come close to the horsepower specifications and overall speed of the Dodge Ram SRT-10.

All Dodge parts are available through the parts department at your local Dodge dealership and are designed in the United States of America.

The Dodge Ram SRT-10, much like its sports car counterpart, have had a tendency to retain a high resale value and I would doubt that one would be able to locate one five years down the road at that low of a price. I agree with imtheoneandonlyD in saying that the condition of such a truck may unfortunately be a poor one.

Thank you for the feedback. It is definitely appreciated. If you happen to have any other questions regarding the new 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10, feel free to post.

Regards,

Miguel M.
Marketing Representative
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-4A-DODGE)
www.dodge.com
dodgeforum@bbdodetroit.com
Miguel M. is offline   Reply With Quote