Thread: repair costs
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #14
thinjim
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to thinjim Send a message via Yahoo to thinjim
Re: repair costs

Try going to pep boys. Your mechanic sounds like ALOT of the mechanics I used to employ. At least he makes a living. I'm not saying pep boys won't cost you money but they will get it fixed.

thinjim

thinjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewToy
Bossman your car sounds a lot like my 94 camry 2.2L with 160,000 mi's. My mechanic has put on a new valve cover gasket, new distributor O ring and now he says my oil pan and my tranny pan are leaking. He's cheap but these repairs are becoming a real pain in my you know where. He says he can fix my oil leaks for about another 200.00 but with all the starting problems I'm having now I think I better ditch this thing asap. He recently put on a used distributor and that seems to have fixed my stalling problem (I pray) but it's still not easy to start. Turns over (no clicking) but almost seems it's not getting fuel or something. After a few tries it fires up but I have to give it gas to keep it running or else it dies immediately.. so heads up that might be in your near future! But I hope not. I don't know what to do, nobody can fix this thing!?
Try going to pep boys. Your mechanic sounds like ALOT of the mechanics I used to employ. At least he makes a living. I'm not saying pep boys won't cost you money but they will get it fixed.

thinjim
thinjim is offline   Reply With Quote