View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #5
Dezoris
Mod for life

Send a message via AIM to Dezoris
Re: 3m Protective Coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyHolley
Great idea for cars . But what about the heavy machinery industry? I work with mobile cranes, crawler cranes, transports and this product would be cost effective for our company . The lost earning potential for hours out work due to repainting alone is immense . If this product could be utilized with new equipment purchases it would be a substantial time saver . Our equipment is bought always new and at high prices . Our cheapest crane is $475 000 and our highest at the $6 000 000 area . Amazing engineering with a inadequate paint scheme . Not forgetting the atmosphere in which they opperate mining , mills , factories , chemical plants , nuclear generating plants steel mills , coal burning plants and lime unloading . The nastiest stuff available is coating our equipment . If anyone has info on products don't hesitate to send info .I'll be chasing down 3m it may be worth their while .
I think the problem for you won't be protection, they have a much thicker application, but depending on the area you need to cover, application and cost of the film may exceed the price of standard resprays. I don't know, in your case sounds like severe duty, if you if you get any further info from 3M let me know.