View Single Post
Old 02-08-2001, 06:38 PM   #5
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Arrow bellaracing

Don't get discouraged. I think relationships SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!
And no, I am not saying that in retaliation to being hurt or anything.

To me, having a steady relationship stands against everything important about being a human being. It creates co-dependency, complacency, and compromise. Living life to the fullest consists of eliminating dictating forces like these from your very existence!!

Yes, I recognize that someday I too will grow tired of having my space all the time, and will want to share my very being with another person. I know that someday doing for another what I prefer to do for myself at this juncture may bring me some odd sense of satisfaction and fulfillment. But until that day (which frankly I hope is very far away for me), I will enjoy living the sweet life, the single life of a swinging bachelor, casual sex among close friends and occasional strangers, and the confidence in yourself not to need someone else's exclusive approval or affections in order to maintain a decent level of self-esteem.

If you pick the right person and don't wind up finding yourself in a divorce, you have the rest of your life to be married and raise a family with that person. Being young and single is the time to grab it all by the horns and have some fun so that there will be no regrets to be had later in life, when it's not quite so cool to try and score at bars on Friday nights.

In conclusion, life is too short to just stand by one person watching the rest of the world go by. Get out there and have fun, because I see no reason to envy those that are in relationships that often only help feed their need for attention. Live for yourself.

P.S. To answer your original question, GOD, 13 1/2 months.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote