View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

Re: shifter question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmccright View Post
The two things most obvious to me are:

1) The lever on the left has a very loose bolt. You may also have some bolts with shanks that have been worn down in diameter from all the shifter actuation. Replace the bolts with the same length and diameter. The bolt diameter should be very close to the sleeve diameter in the bushing it bolts through. Any difference will feel sloppy. And make sure you use the nylok nuts so it doesn't fall apart on you.

2) You've got alot of worn or broken bushings connecting the shifter linkages. I see alot of play in each of those links as the shifter is moved and wiggled. Try to find some polyurethane replacements if you want it to feel solid. This tranny model may be used in another Nissan that may have compatible aftermarket bushings so don't limit yourself to just Sentra parts. Call Energy Suspension...they have an excellent database on what they have for PU bushings and what could fit your Sentra.

Good luck!

Are these bushings at the shifter end or the transmission end? Would I have to get the entire shift linkage?
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote