View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
CCTX
AF Newbie

Camry Bumper hit with pics---replace or fix?

Folks,

My 08 Camry got hit by a backing car while it was parked. When I arrived, I found the lady waiting for me and she is kind of a friend! I attached some pics of the hit. I inspected the doors, lights, under the hood and things look ok. She does not have insurance but she promised she would pay the repairs, I don't want to use my insurance unless it is necessary. Now, I took the car to a collision center for an estimate and they wouldn't give an estimate on the spot, they wanted to check if there is any damage when they take the bumper off. I visually inspected under the hood and managed to reach there and I don't see any problems but you never know.

Now, my concern is that I heard that replaced (painted) bumpers usually peel off; happened to a friend. Do you think this bumper can be fixed? and if so will it be completely the same as before the hit?

It is a relatively new car (only 11,000 miles) and I don't want to compromise too much on the look.

Any suugestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated, by the way how much that should cost? The guy was talking about $400-$800 to replace & paint.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image000.jpg (73.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Image001.jpg (80.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Image002.jpg (99.7 KB, 7 views)
CCTX is offline   Reply With Quote