View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #17
r0b1n
AF Newbie

Re: garageHEART - Nissan Fairlady Z (z32)

The last installment our Z32 was ready to be stripped down and get some much-needed bodywork in order to get some colour on it.
I do have one apology to make, I am using a phone to take pictures and it really does not showcase the colour nor the shine properly.
But on the bright side, it suits the style of garageHEART.

So with the wild aero, we needed to choose a colour to match, a nightmare to capture this colour and once I have time I will take it
outside and use natural light and see if I can get the full depth of it.

anyway enough talking, let us check out what this Fairlady looks like now...

(above) a fresh coat of paint, at this point I was not sure if we chose the right colour

(above) the interior was fitted with new carpets, I was thinking of removing carpets but some comfort needs to be kept

(above) momo steering wheel was chosen as it suits the 90's dash.

and then in true garageHEART style, disaster struck. Somehow the paint was not hard enough to touch and it left some very nasty fingerprint marks. I sat polishing it out for a few hours, there are
no pictures of this as I was truly upset and was ready to park this in the corner of the workshop and forget about it. As always giving up is not our first nor last option and we kept on working on this Fairlady.

(above) in this picture, you can see the interior is completed along with 90 percent of the body. After the mishap I just
got stuck into it and hardly took any progress snaps, I actually did not want to post it up. Overall I am
proud of how it turned out after all the issues.

(above) pulled it outside after the engine bay was sprayed.

(above) Will raise the ride height once the engine goes back in.

(above) Engine bay freshly sprayed...only thing missing is everything in the bay

(above) speaking about missing bay parts... here is one part that will need to go in. We have fitted forged internals
and prepared this engine to handle more boost. All honesty just painted valve covers hehe.

(above) sun was starting to set, decided to get the z32 back in and work through the evening...

(above) Best work comes in the still of the night...

(above) garageHEART pushed through the night to get the fairlady going.

(above) not sure if its clear but the engine is fitted, needs to come out again as the custom plumbing for fmic
(front mount intercooler) is not fitting properly.

(above) random image of other projects being prepared for when the Fairlady leaves garageHEART.

Thank You all in Anticipation for looking, commenting and/or criticising

garageHEART
r0b1n is offline   Reply With Quote