View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #68
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonenuts15792
Jimster that post right there proves you have your head farther up toyotas ass than I do GM.

The Tacoma is a joke for a truck, it can't do anything that Ford or GM trucks can do, it's got a wimpy engine, the interior did not impress me one bit. The tundra is the same thing, the engine is wimpy, and it can't tow are haul much at all. I have a friend that has a tundra, he got bad gas one time and he had to have his whole engine rebuilt, I was getting the same gas with my Suburban and hmmm what do you know, I don't have a problem with it at all. What trucks and SUVs are bringing in top marks? That's right Ford and GM. In the heavy duty segment the GMC Sierra 2500HD is considered to be the best. The Small block GM engines are considered to be the best engine designs of all time, and they last forever. toyota has a long way to go before they are even half as good as the trucks offered by Ford or GM, and when the new GMT900 trucks arrive in 2006 toyota will have to play catchup even more. I never see a toyota towing a 30 foot trailer, or for that matter hauling much of anything either. But yet it's odd to see a GM or Ford truck around here without a trailer being towed behind ir or something being hauled in the back. The engines toyota offers are wimpy compared to the V8s offered by GM. It's funny to how toyota is supposed to be the greenest car company in the world, but yet their trucks and SUVs with smaller less powerful engines don't get as good of gas mileage as the bigger SUVs and trucks offered by GM that make more HP and torque than the trucks offered by toyota.

Oh and the toyota getting dropped doesn't mean anything. I don't know if you are fimiliar with the show mythbusters but on one show there was this older Cadillac that was put through some similiar test and it still ran. Hell the Cadillac engine didn't die so they took it out and put sugar, bleach, lead, paint, anything they could think of in the oil and gas, and it still ran. It took adding massive amount of bleach to the engine before it started to smoke, and it still ran for awhile before starting to smoke and then finally quiting. Don't forget this engine was from the 70s too when GM was supposedly making junk cars. So yeah woo the toyota can survive a crash, getting dropped and getting some salt water in the interior, just about any truck or car can handle abuse like that, most of it's to the body and not the engine itself. Do you know who sells the most big boat engines in the world, yup you guess it GM, engines on boats are subjected to some of the harshes environments around and the Small Block GM engines are the prefferred for this type of application too.
Oh, right Interior plastics should be the number one priority when buying a pickup Toyota mustn't offer the turbo-diesel Tacoma in the states, which is the engine to have in the Hilux, this is a truck used by sheep farmers in places like Scotland and New Zealands South Island to tackle some of the toughest terrain in the world, that's when they're not tackling the Sahara or the Simpson desert, or ferrying the Taleban rebels about Afganistan. A Japanese turbo-diesel Ute is the only real way to go if want a proper ute, maybe not in North America, the only place where Rams and F150s aren't so expensive you'd worry about scratching it to kingdom come, but certainly elsewhere.

I don't have my head up Toyotas ass either, in fact I hate them, characterless but extremely tough and extremely reliable transport.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans