View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #57
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792
Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
and as someone else pointed out, 'problems' reported vary greatly depending on the brand and their customers.
squeeky cabin = a problem reported.
engine failing = a problem reported.

hmm, so let's see, GM workers are the best paid and have the most expensive (which doesn't always mean the best) coverage. so when GM wants to cut costs and the unions refuse to negotiate (which they have every right to decline), they choose to simply fire employees instead of looking into their other accounts/expenditure. am i the only one who finds this practice more than slightly dubious?

Yes they do vary greatly that's why the surveys JD Powers sends out takes that into account. That's why trim problems and squeaks don't account for as many points off as a powertrain failure. Either way, toyota, gm and every other manufacturer has duds. As I pointed out with my friends rebuilt toyota engine.

It's called business my friend, every company has layoffs. Healthcare costs are one of the biggest problems at GM with the costs projected to triple within the next few years, something needs to be done and the unions won't allow it, this is the next best step.