View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 05:30 AM   #9
cbushnell
AF Newbie

Angry More symptoms

I have an appointment at a garage today, and last night rather than tow the car (just because I'm cheap :-) I tried to start it and it started... It actually started! I was able to start the car by holding down the power window button until the window actually started to go down. As soon as it did I let off and hit the key, it started right up. So, I drove it to the garage, or tried to rather. About 1/4 mile from the garage I passed under the shadow of a tree, and because it is so helpful, my car turned its own headlights on. As soon as the headlights turned on the car quit. I am convinced that it is quiting because the voltage gets too low (but my guage was still reading right around 13). I am wondering if this might be caused by a bad connection on the starter (I assume the alternator charges the battery back through the starter connection ? ) Anyhow, I will be giving all of the helpful information I have gathered here to my mechanic in hopes of it helping him and cutting down on the diagnosis time. As soon as hear his findings I will post them in hopes of it helping all the rest of you.
cbushnell is offline   Reply With Quote