View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
pcmos
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to pcmos
Yeah, but before I spend any more money I want to make sure that the problem isn't with the frame. Actually the total cost of the rubber pieces which are the wear parts turned out to be more like 15 bucks. However, just to be safe I am replacing all of the hard metal parts including the bolt on the #2, so the total cost with all of the parts was more like 40 dollars. If the repair works well I think i'll go ahead and replace the rubber pieces on all 5 other mount assemblies. In thinking about your suggestion I may consider doing the rubber on the 4 corners and then replace the full metal set on the other #2 mount. Frankly, all of them are worn pretty badly, but the metal parts appear to be in good condition. I just don't want to be any deeper into my wallet until I know for sure I have the clunk fixed, because if I need to have the frame replaced its going to cost me 100 bucks under my warrenty policy. I don't have an engine hoist of any kind so unfortunately I have to quit in my repair process if it turns out to be a frame problem.
pcmos is offline   Reply With Quote