View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Re: Chevy vs Ford: What do you like better and why?

For the longest time, I used to be a staunch Chevy supporter.

I knew all the acronyms for bashing on Ford and knew that in most cases, they were justified based on experiences I had with my father - who is a mechanic - fixing Ford vehicles.

For a long time, Ford was just unimpressive to me with their styling and their mechanics. Their trucks (the base models, not the Diesels made by International) were under-powered and unde-rtorqued with the most bland interior you could find. Their cars were ugly and and suffered the same problems as their truck counterparts. Even the mustangs, save for the high-performance models, were underwhelming.

However, lately I'm feeling more drawn to Ford than I am GM/Chevy. This is primarily because of what Moppie eluded to: They've made strides to get better, put out better products and market their vehicles. They are employing progressive technology and showing refinement of areas that they used to struggle with.

Meanwhile, Chevy has the Cruze and the Volt. And.... that's about it.

Realistically, I would have enjoyed seeing Chevy build on their more successful platforms instead of trying to retool them.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote