View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 03:15 PM   #37
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster
No, we know the facts, you just don't want to accept them. Believe it or not, GM can do wrong, in fact most of the time they do wrong. Drunken Monkey was spot on about the American automotive industry as well, that's more or less all it does, while every now and then bringing in a model from overseas and giving it the Amiercan badge engineering treatment (Cadillac Catera, Chevrolet Aveo, Dodge Colt, Pontiac GTO, Ford Contour, need I go on?)

I'm perfectly aware of the American Auto industry, I usually wind up in America at least once every 18 months, whether it be business or pleasure, I've had to put up with Rental cars made by the US "Big three" that have constantly been below par, I've driven cars belonging to family members there (Yes, my old man was born in America, so don't try and give me any "You're anti American" bullshit) and at the end of the day, of the cars on sale in America by the big three I've probably driven about a good 65-70% of them, so I think I'm more than qualified enough to talk about the American auto industry, thanks for playing though.
The Cadillac Catera is no longer made. Cadillac now has a rwd CTS built on its own chassis shared with the new Cadillac STS and SRX.

Have you noticed that MG Rover is dead? Didn't they badge engineer?

Notice the trouble Fiat has now. GM has to pay them $2 billion. Mercedes-Benz lost around $1 billion in the first quarter this year. VW lost over $1 billion in North America last year. They were just fined over $1 million recently.

check here

VW fined

The UAW, pensions, and insurance costs are helping Ford and GM. Some workers get paid $20 per hour to do basic work that just about anyone could do.

http://www.uaw.org/

Ford, GM, and Chrysler aren't the only current American automobile companies. Panoz makes sports cars in Georigia and Saleen builds a supercar, the S7.

Panoz sports car

Saleen S7 and S7R