Thread: Gear-Ratio
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2001, 02:57 PM   #11
texan
Writer Mod

CraigFL- Doh! I knew I would forget something, I was typing that out at work . Thanks for keeping me on my toes .

SolReaver- There are no shortage of books on the subject of cars, the trick is finding one that caters to your specific level of knowledge and builds upon it. For entry level mathematics....

#1- "Auto Math Handbook" (it's not perfect, but will give you plenty of the formulas you need and has a nice, HUGE, conversion table index of nearly every form of measure in the back)

#2- "Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics" (reads like a physics doctoral thesis, but contains more information per paragraph than I can easily digest)

I myself have over 20 books on various car subjects, from braking systems to model specific tuning. The more you read the more you will know, but you should also try and balance that out with practical know-how.

Porsche- What did you want to know exactly? If it's just the breakdown of the various information on the tire's sidewall, go here... http://www.toyo.com/tire_basics/index.html
Hope this helps, peace.