View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
StonedOdie
AF Newbie

Angry Help! Car wont start after lower/upper intake replacement-throttle control clicking

Okay so I replaced my upper intake about a week ago, put it back together and the car started, no issues there yay... (well other than the fact the lower gasket decided to rear its head the day I installed the upper, I'm assuming because now that was fully pressurized and I just replaced a water pump that was leaking like a siv and had a bearing that was fuckin jacked so I think that's what made this shit happen, whatever, kind of irrelevant I'm just ranting...) So I replaced the lower intake, just got everything hooked back up and no dice... Car starts to turn over, kicks for a second like it catches, but then shuts right off. However, if you slam the gas down it will start and run but at high RPM. Kind of an all or nothing thing at this point. I've been reading around seems like I fucked up somewhere and have an air intake seal jacked somewhere, but the only reason I'm not too sure about that one is because now when I turn the key onto the aux position I hear a click (Narrowed it down to what I think is the throttle control, its the piece that opens and closes to let air into the engine) I'm not a mechanic by far so plz don't throw crazy names of parts out to me if I need to replace it, yes I can look it up, but its easier when its in the context of things lol. I'm thinking maybe the air intake isn't opening enough? It like doesn't move like at all even when the gas is pressed all the way down (when the car is off, obviously I cant get it to start without basically flooring it, so I don't understand). Maybe this is normal but the clicking isn't. That and the fact I can either run at high RPM or have a car that doesn't start. Any suggestions? Please? =)
StonedOdie is offline   Reply With Quote