View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #21
jpar1983
AF Newbie

Re: '00 GLS hard starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman96 View Post
Thank you both for the help. I'm sure you're right about it being the coolant, LittleHoov. I don't know my way around this car, obviously. I had the two bolts off earlier but you're very limited on how far the reservoir can move with just the bolts removed. I removed the hoses and then found it didn't help much because of the sensor plugged into the bottom of the reservoir. I"m guessing if I remove this sensor all the coolant will pour out. At this point it was getting dark and cold so I put it all back together. Also when I removed the overflow hose from the reservoir it just fell to the ground. Is this not supposed to go back into the reservoir?
If it is like my '00, I just took the bolts out of the reservoir and moved it forward a bit until I could see the sensor sticking out of the side of the engine. There is a wire sticking out of it, you can't miss it once you move that reservoir. Then it is one bolt out, take out the old sensor, put in the new sensor (might be a good idea to clean the hole that it plugs into with a clean shop towel or something), bolt it in and plug it in. Once you move that reservoir you're done in 5 minutes.
jpar1983 is offline   Reply With Quote