View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Blt2Lst
AF Enthusiast

Re: What to do with a damaged 2001 Jetta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambomo View Post
I have a damaged 2001 Diesel VW Jetta TDI with manual transmition sitting in my driveway.

A few months ago another driver ran a red light and hit my front passenger-side wheel. There is significant body to the body and the wheel itself is bent inward. I couldn't even drive it off the scene because of the damage.

There were no witnesses to the accident and the other driver told his insurance he didn't run the red. They deny liability and I don't have collision coverage. I am in Americorps and can't afford the $3600 estimated to repair it.

So my poor, pretty car (with 40 mpg) is sitting in my driveway, sadly waiting for action.

The KBB for this model in excellent condition is $8,000. I live in California, where one recycler said he'd give me $1000, and another said $500. I don't know if I should try to find a private buyer (through Craigslist or another site) for more? Because of the high KBB price, I feel like I could do better than $1000. The engine and guts are in great condition. I know very little about mechanics, selling it for parts, etc.

What do y'all think I could get for it, and how? All advice helps! THANKS!
I would try to list it on Ebay, you never know who might be interested.
1996 Suzuki RMX250

I'm a victim of circumstance [
Blt2Lst is offline   Reply With Quote