View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
leadalto
AF Regular

Re: HOW TO: Add an Image to Your Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazee
You'll have to host your image somewhere.
I mentioned to you once before (possibly privately) that I was having problems uploading pictures to the AF Gallery. Part of the problem was not having registered to the Gallery and I may have tried uploading a picture greater than 80Kb.

Subsequently, I was able to upload 3 pictures pictures to the Gallery and edited my post to link to the Gallery pictures instead of those stored in my personal space at my IP's server.

The only difference is that my pictures now had an Automotive Forums watermark when viewed in the post.

The following are the 3 pictures stored in the AF Gallery.

It's a strange coincidence that you posted the "how to" on adding images to a post when, at the same time, I was going to add a post that I was again having problems uploading to the Gallery.

I would prefer to have my posted images stored on the AF server for the reason that it might have greater longevity than if stored on my IP's server.

I've seen a lot of posts where the pics are no longer available and all you get is a box with a little x in the upper left corner.

Today, I tried to upload pictures to the Gallery (which show how to R&R the Instrument Cluster on a 93 S10-Blazer) with no success. I logged in, looked at the pictures in "My Gallery" but couldn't get anything to upload. All my files are less than 80KB.

What gives? It didn't work, then it did, and now it doesn't.
leadalto is offline   Reply With Quote