Thread: z31 dies
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

z31 dies

I have a 85 300zx turbo 5 speed. Today I was driving along today came to a stop and took off but it felt as if I hadnt given the clutch enough gas. I came to the next stop and took off but the car died. I thought perhaps I just didn't give it any gas. I turned the music down cause I was thinking maybe I'm getting lazy. I came to the next stop and waited at the red light and the car dies again and I hadn't done anything. I started it again and drove. It was like the car wasn't getting any gas. It wasn't missing out or anything. There was a 3 second moment where the car just wasn't going, it was coasting. I turned a corner and began to downshift and the car dies again. I start it and began to realize that with the clutch pressed, the car required the gas pedal to be held down or else it would die. I get to my house and angle the car in the street so i can back it into the drive way and again, it dies. I start it and back into the drive way and stop and the car does not die. I'm guessing something fuel related. Possibly the fuel pump? If it was an injector I would think the car would sputter, but its not doing that, its just acting like its supply is shut off. What can i do? Thoughts?
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote