View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #5
Ghostrider 67
AF Newbie

Re: The Yankee Express.

As far as damage to the body is concerned, there wasn't much. More than met the eye at first viewing, but not as bad as many that I see others buying. The right end of the cowl was an inch deep in filler where something round fell against it and they just slathered filler over it. The passenger floor pans were mildly rusted and needed to be replaced. The trunk deck surface and a few other small spots. Both front fender noses had been smacked and also the right rear quarter panel.
The fender noses needing repair drove one of the mods decision of sweeping them back to 90* with the front of the hood. I could cut out much of the worst crinkled up metal this way. Bonus. This mod was about ditching the angled nose on each side where the hood contour lines flowed into the fenders at a 45* angle, I had never liked that look. I wanted them squared off, more like a 1970 Road Runner look.
The spare tire well in the trunk was also rusted and I cut that out of the floor to facilitate another two mods, dual exhaust that would flow out of the back up light holes in a 1970 Road Runner rear bumper.
Ghostrider 67 is offline   Reply With Quote