View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 AM   #6
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100
Re: Product Review: Crazy Modeler Decals

Crazy Modeler was also good enough to send me a sample, too. Unfortunately they were not decals that I can put to any practical use to me so I cannot comment on how easy/good they are to work with.

However I fully agree with MPWR that the products are very professionally packed and printed.

The set I received is definitely well registered and the colours are vibrant and cover the backing paper well. All the graphics seem to be printed with a very fine screen/raster and are therefore very sharp.

Overall, my impression is of a very high quality product. I have seen these products for sale on ebay and IIRC the price was in the region of 10GBP (?). I had hoped the price woiuld be somewhat lower but I also dream of getting a 1/12 Gunze High Tech Aston Martin for 5GBP, so I may not be objective here

My verdict:

Overall: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5
Print Quality: 4/5
Ease of use: ????
Accuracy:cannot comment but seems 4-5/5
VFM:4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPWR
...there is a serious need in this hobby for sheets of extra manufacturer logos. A sheet of nothing but extra manufacturer emblems, say Ferrari, Posche, BMW, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda (etc.) would be a magnificent godsend for 1/24 car builders. It would sell to nearly anyone who has more than one or two car kits in their stash. For those of us who've been known to aquire old kits off of Ebay, it's an absolute necessity.

(Hey CRAZY MODELER, are you LISTENING??!!)
I TOTALLY agree with MPWR on this!!! Particularly Ferrari and BMW

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote