View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
Lambo003
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Realistic Side Markers

The parts here were made 5 to 10 years ago and have yet to yellow, including the Volvo grille.

The tinting will usually hide any yellowing but, for the straight clear I try to look for an epoxy that says "Ultra Clear" or "Super Clear" on the label.

I've also use Smooth On's "Crystal Clear" casting resin and the resin that's specificall marketed for use on bar tops and tables (can't remember the name of that one though). Again, none have yet to yellow

Here they are next to a #11 and I think due to the size, the yellowing is kept to a minimum.

If any of you are wondering, the black piece shown here is a Lambo bull logo decal (for wheel centers) taken from an Enthusiast kit. I'm using it here for an eventual key chain for a Countach kit. Also note the "Chrome Trim" appearance around the tinted part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemechanic
Cool, thanks Chuck. Do you find that brand of epoxy stays clear? I tried way back in my aircraft modeling days and the clear epoxy always would yellow right away, never found a brand that stayed so clear.