Thread: z06 vs modena
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #80
IR/IR04M3
AF Newbie

I have been a long time reader of this forum, mainly for $hits and giggles but registered to chime in on this thread. I was surprised no one remembered the one head to head comparo of the Z06 and 360 I can remember. I have the bad habit of reading ~20 industry and gen pop car rags a month and seem to commit all of them to memory (I just usually can't remember which mag or year/month it was!), it took me a while to dig the article up but I did and was lucky that it is online as well.

R/T did their "Great Grip" article in 2002, the premise was to find the best road/track handling car, which included the 360 and the Z06, the 360 finished first and the Z06...fifth (ouch). As far as bang for the buck goes the Z06 also loses, the Lotus Elise took second, and the Elise will be available stateside in less than a year, with a more potent federal power to weight ratio, which well could have put it ahead of the 360 all for sub 40k. You wanted numbers, you have numbers, side by side, same day, same driver, the Z06 bested by a Ferrari, Lotus, 996TT and an Evo VII not even an VIII or FQ300 or Evo "8.5".

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1

Vandy

PS I will take care of the "reasons" for you:

1. The 360 was an Enzo prototype, and Michael Shumacher pushed Herta outta the seat
2. Bryan Herta is a Viper guy so he sand bagged the Z06
3. The Z06 had a plug wire pulled, maybe two
4. The Z06 was running snow tires
5. Herta is allergic to fiberglass
6. insert your choice of bowtie drivel here ___________
IR/IR04M3 is offline   Reply With Quote