View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #15
troopersucker
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 Isuzu Trooper Transmission NIGHTMARE "Thread 2"

Another Drummer,
I've been reading your thread and realized I'm experiencing the same problems. Was driving my very reliable 2000 trooper limited 3.5L yesterday and felt what I believed to be an ignition misfire and prayed it was not a transmission problem as I feared. I'm having the same shudder when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to OD. After scrutinizing the entire diagoistics tree it is clear that the engine, ignition system and fuel injection are performing perfectly. At that point my technician discussed troublshooting a possible tranny problem by monitoring fluid pressure at the speed which the shudder was occuring. His preliminary thoughts were leading towards the torque converter, but that was pre-testing. Is your tranny still performing properly or have symtoms reappeared? It is evident that this transmission was designed by some geek engineer that isn't permitted to leave his (or her) cubicle. I fully believe that you should not be allowed to design mechanical equipment if the only dirt under your fingernails is the coffee you spilled on the computer key board last week. Any input is appreciated.
troopersucker is offline   Reply With Quote