View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
NoRiceHere01
AF Regular

Tracking Down A Car

Hey all. I used to be a regular on here and things just kind of got crazy for a while so it's been forever.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody here knew anything about tracking down a car you or someone else once owned.

Many years ago my dad owned and unfortunately sold a '70 LS6 4 speed Chevelle. It's probably the only car he owned that I haven't seen a photo of, though i know it existed haha. It's like some legend that I heard about until he passed away last year and lately I been thinking it would be cool to try and locate it, even if it's a pile of rust somewhere. It really seemed to haunt him that he sold that car. He knew what it was but circumstances, like his first wife, forced the sale, and he always had this sad look like he knew he chose the wrong girl that day lol.

But before i get any more long-winded I'll get to the point.

Is there a website anyone knows of that list things like production numbers for old cars according to options like engines/gear ratios and such? I know about every detail there is about the car, so it would help if maybe I could figure out just how big a pool of cars I'm looking for.

Also does motor vehicle release things like ownership or maybe how many of a particular car are registered in their state?

There must be a way to find these things. I don't want to buy the car. I just want to see it and see where it wound up, that sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks for looking and I hope to hear from someone.