View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 04:09 PM   #105
S2Corolla
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S2Corolla
??? I don't know if you guys gave up or what not, but I back up carrrnut on what he said about the whole MPH thing. My friend has a 1996 Integra GS-R, really mint condition. He let me run it against this IROC-Z. I beat the IROC Z by a car length, and I know for a FACT, we hit 155, because we raced all the way into the GSR's middle fifth gear. I remember looking at the speedo, it goes up to 145 or 150 I think. It just says 140 and it has markers after that, and it maxed it out and I went for like ten seconds passed maxing it out. I talked to the guy in the IROC and he said he was about to hit 160 and he just flashed me with the high beams because the race was over at like 85, but he didn't want to lose.
Oh and on LS-Vtec... Dude if that girl has a hatch back, then hell yeah it's possible she beat an SS. Let me tell you something. Drag racing is different from any type of form of street racing. Drag racing, you NEED rwd torque to get off the line because of the strip, but on street there's pavement, or gravel, and both cars have a fair shot. Now my friend has a 95' Camaro Z28, it's 5 speed, I don't think they had the 6 speed's yet... And he got his ass handed to him by a hatchback with a GSR motor. I'm talking about getting smoked BAD. And the GSR was stock. An SS is only about half a second, maybe less, faster than a Z28. The Z28 pulls in 13.9 and the SS pulls in 13.5. That GSR hatch had to have at least a second or more off the Z28's. And I know for a fact LSVtecs can pull more hp than a GSR because of the midrange hp and the high rpm horsepower of Vtec. All it is is an LS motor, which has really good midrange hp that get's good high rpm horsepower because of the valve timing of a vtec head. The main reason LS motors are sorry in high rpm is because they don't have vtec so their valves don't open up more. So it is HIGHLY possible that she gave that Camaro SS the sleep. And I wouldn't LET a girl beat me if she was cute. I'd beat her. A girl isn't going to give you the light of day if you LET her beat you. They don't like giveaways, come on, I thought you guys knew about women. They like competition, but they like guys that try and don't give them the advantage just because they're hot.

Props on the kill GURLSVTEC, I believe you.
I thought these guys would back you up coz they're from Honda, but I guess not.
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.