View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #13
oregon747
AF Newbie

Re: All 2001 CRV Owners that have had stalling, rough idle, cold start problems!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvidling
I have 122,000 miles on my vehicle and I have had this problem for the last 50,000 miles. The car seems to run fine when it is warm. I had my valves adjusted at 100K when I had the timing belt replaced which didn't solve the problem. When the weather is cold, I just have to remember to start the engine 5 to 10 minutes prior to use. Wouldn't my engine have failed by now if I have the same problems people are describing here? or is it just a question of having the valves adjusted just right? I am thinking about going to Honda Goodwill assistance to resolve this issue since I don't seem to be alone on this one.

Thanks.
I own a 2001 CRV (60K mi) and it has the same problem. The mechanic is going to try to revive cyl. #3 by adjusting the valves. He said it runs better with the new cap & rotor but we shall see. He's charging me $140 for cap/rotor and another $120 for the valve adjustment. Sure hope it works. This thread is old did everyone sell there CRV's or are they still running?
oregon747 is offline   Reply With Quote