View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #15
Mitja
AF Newbie

Re: White smoke

Hi guys,

I tried to maintain it for as long as possible, but eventually I had to say:
"Goodbye Trans Sport and thank you for the ride!"

So, my Trans Sport '92 3.8l V6 (check attached) has been sold for 250€, still working, but with some things that needs to be done to make it reliable. Main issues are noisy main bearings and slippery or slowly engaging 1st and reverse gear.

It performed great, it ran on LPG(consumption compared to a small sized car), in the summer it's been converted into a 2 person stealth-camping minivan, it hauled a boat, it transferred 7 persons including all sailing gear (with a help of roof box, of course), it had a touchscreen car pc, reverse parking sensors, heated seats, back seat head restaints... It was simply the coolest all purpose vehicle I could get and still looks like from another universe after 25 years.

It's replaced by a '06 2.8L CRD Chrysler Grand Voyager (T&C), which has, I can't believe it, 15" longer cargo area than Trans Sport. And stow'n'go seats are great. However, gasoline V6 engine from Trans Sport was nicer for such car, as it's more quiet and smoothier.

This forum helped me A LOT, so thank you guys for all the info, you're great! LMP, respect!!!

Hope this forum stays alive for a long time and hope your Trans Sport will give you as much pleasure as mine gave to me!

Cheers from Slovenia,
Mitja
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0106.jpg (276.5 KB, 3 views)
Mitja is offline   Reply With Quote