View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Black Lotus
AF Regular

Re: Too much technology

"Tech", it's to appeal to younger buyers who have to stay connected to their parents or their peers 24/7.
It's not what YOU think that is important. It's to appeal to a different demographic that needs a transportation pod to get from A to B.
Remember that younger buyers have been subjected to public school brainwashing for most of their lives--- that cars are evil, and you should take mass transit to save the planet.
The Wifi and Bluetooth are installed as bait so that a different, more politically correct and socially responsible audience will buy the car.
However,
Awhile back, I read an article by a futurist (somebody who looks at current trends, then extends them out into the future).
This fellow stated that there will be two classes of people in the developed countries of the world.
The underclasses and the overclass.
The underclasses will represent the the vast majority of the people.
The underclasses will be connected to their family friends and job 24/7 by means of mobile phones, laptops, headsets, etc, even while on vacation and at home.
The overclass will NOT be electronically connected to the world.
Their employees or servants will deal with that.
Needless to say, it cracks me up to see people on the beach in Thailand tapping away on their laptops with a headset probably working on a Powerpoint presentation.
So, you can look at new cars with all the bells and whistles as training devices for the future social underclasses!
Well, at least I do.
Black Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Lotus For This Useful Post:
Cressidaadr (06-09-2016)