View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Re: Yamaha YZR M1 Fiat Yamaha Team 2009 (Rossi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace91 View Post
Hi, it's been a while since I worked on this model. Didn't have the time until today when I completed the bike.

Here are the pics of the naked bike.

As for the completed bike, my work on the masking is a little messy, so you'll notice some leak on the fairings. I still have lot to learn on this kind of things. Anyway, here are the photos of the completed model.

Adrian
Adrian - I have a suggestion for you regarding the masking for clean "no bleed" lines - I don't know if you have 3M Blue Fine Line automotive tape where you live, but I am sure if you check the automotive paint suppliers where you live they will have an equal product. The tape comes in 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch - it is a plastic tape that can be shaped "stretched" to make clean curves or straight lines. I find that using this tape for the color separation line and regular Tamiya masking tape for the rest of the masking produces very nice clean lines with no color bleeding through. Another suggestion is painting the color separation line with "Microscale" "Mask" and using a sharp xacto blade to cut a clean line. Give that a try - Hope this was helpful - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote