View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:48 PM   #21
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: amp went into prot. and never came out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblake
your amp is fried. If it keeps blowing fuses as you stated, and is in protection, its an internal amp problem, and cannot be fixed with just simply replacing the fuses. If you keep on sending current to that sucker, its gonna get worse and worse. Just for the sake of arguement, get a buddy's amp, and hook it up in your car with your hookups, if it works, and I bet you that it does, then you know your amp is fired. Although I have already concluded this. If your amp went into protection, and you shut your car off, and an hour later turned it on, and it was still in protect, that rules out heat as being the problem, and the fact that the protect light comes on tells me its getting the power it needs. The amp is fried, I am 99.9% sure. You can all doubt me, but I repair these things for a living. If you want, shoot me a model number, and I can quote you a repair price. Dont trust me? check my ebay feedback, jblake_54.
Just because a fuse stops conducting that doesn't mean it's blown....AGU fuses suck ass, they can break just from hitting a pothole, even if no current is being sucked through them at the time. I've "blown" 3 AGU fuses and my amp is in perfect working condition, because in each case the fuse never actually blew, the end just came disconnected from the actual fuse. When I pulled the fuse holder apart it ripped the fuse in half.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote